Vetassess Assessment HELP!

paulnbexplus2

Hi All,

firstly an excellent site with lots of information so far helping me learn a loads, but I have one problem I need clarifying.

I am currently looking into moving to Perth under the state nomination, I make the 55 points total and need a little help getting the final 10 points, basically my occupation of Office Manager requires me to have a diploma (which I don't) I've got conflicting evidence to suggest I do need this, then I don't if I have relevant work experience (over 8 years) so basically after looking around I'm still none the wiser and my question is for anyone who has passed Vetassess without a diploma and gained the 10 points, so if anyone can help me or point me in the right direction it would be greatly appreciated.

n.b. I already had a chat with Paul at academy 3 (very helpful) about obtaining the diploma based on my current employment and he agrees it would be certifiable, but I don't want to spend money if I don't actually need this diploma and experience would suffice.

Again many thanks in advance

Paul & Bex

IELTS booked 30/06/12

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi paul

if you have been working as an office manager why don't you do like I did? I went and got a diploma in managemt through recognition of prior learning. It cost about £650 and it is an Australian diploma and I did it in 10 days however I did do it virtually full time. The company I used was academy 3 website. http://Www.academy3.edu.au. I am currently going through the vetassess process as office manager and am currently 12 weeks into waiting for a result. Good luck

Oh before I finished I forgot to mention you do need the qualification or my agent told me I did. The way I look at it it takes vetassess ages to give you an answer. Do you want to wait up to 16 weeks for vetassess to come back and say no because you don't have a qualification? Trust me the last 12 weeks have felt like forever and if I had to do it all again because they said no, I would prefer to get it all complete before I apply

• 2 weeks later...

Hi N7kkp,

sorry not been on for a while.

as per your point above, I have also looked into this, they are very good academy3, very helpful indeed.

I will take them up on obtaining the diploma in management before I apply to vetassess.

can you keep me posted about how you get on with your application.

Much appreciated.

Best regards

Paul

• 2 weeks later...

Hi N7kkp - Thought id drop you a quick line as we have too just failed our Vetassess skills assessment by a short margin as our qualification is just below the required level for an AQF Diploma ....... very frustrating !

Have read with interest your post about Acadamy 3 and will be contacting them myself to see if there is anything we can gain under Recog of prior learning . Would you recommend them ??

Have you had a Vetassess result yet ? Have they accepted the Diploma ?

Thanks

Mark

Hi N7kkp - Thought id drop you a quick line as we have too just failed our Vetassess skills assessment by a short margin as our qualification is just below the required level for an AQF Diploma ....... very frustrating !

Have read with interest your post about Acadamy 3 and will be contacting them myself to see if there is anything we can gain under Recog of prior learning . Would you recommend them ??

Have you had a Vetassess result yet ? Have they accepted the Diploma ?

Thanks

Mark

Hi

Would you mind confirming what qualification didn't meet the requirement of AQF Diploma?

many thanks

Hi

Yes would defo recommend them. The process is very simple to. I did a diploma in management and vetassess recognised it as a suitable qualification. Out of interest what job were you assessed for?

It took me less than 2 weeks to do the qualification. In the end it is very rewarding but hard work. You complete 9 modules, they interview you and a current or previous employer over the phone, plus for all tasks undertaken you need to provide evidence.

I am currently going through a reassesment so just waiting for my migration agent to sign everything off to resubmit. Just taking ages but i suppose they want to get everything right as they helped to mess things up in the first place. Anyway wont go over it as i am where i am and have to accept it and keep trying.

Thanks everyone - seems I will do the academy 3 diploma and just pray it's sufficient and we dont get turned down at another hurdle !

As for qualifications and to help anyone in the future - I spoke to Edexcel today and they confirmed that a LEVEL 4 BTEC is a HNC . It appears that HNC is the name Edexcel give to their Level 4 BTECs . I then spoke to City and Guilds who confirm that they are the main rivals of EDEXCEL and that their HNC equivalent is a straight forward Level 4 . Hope this helps in the future.

Now my question is how did people find the telephone interview for academy 3 ? Was it a nail biting experience or relatively okay ? !

Hi I am also doing the Diploma in Management via Academy3 after reading it as an option on here. I have 2.5 more modules to complete and have done this so far in 3-4 weeks or so (with a week off for jubilee)

Then we are just awaiting the new CSOL list to see where to go from here :)

I thought the interview part was the easiest bit, trust me it is done very casually and Paul at academy 3 is really good. I personally enjoyed the experience because even if you have been doing management jobs for years, its good to reflect .

It is quite a straightforward process to be honest. I have chosen to do all the modules by writing due to time difference and fitting around work. This is probably the longer way around to be honest but there is no hurry as waiting for the CSOL anyway.

It is a series of competence scenarios and you just prove that you have that competence which if you have been working as a manager you should fond quite straightforward.

I was also considering taking a certificate in Marketing too by RPL - but will wait and see how it goes.

I am also curious to know why N7kkp failed the vetassess assessment. If we can avoid making the same errors that would be great.

I have a feeling there may be an influx of Office Managers moving to WA this year :)

Hi all

My unsuccessful vetassess application was down to vetassess not matching my job responsibilites to that of an office manager on the anzsco list. The qualification which i completed, the aqf diploma in management rpl (recognition of prior learning) was fine. I am having a reassesment because what i provided was not enough, so i am compiling further supporting information for a reassesment. Should hopefully have everything together for next tuesday. Just need to get my previous employer to sign a job description and some further details. Then the very nervous wait again.

Just to reconfirm the qualification was successful, it was the job match that i failed on.

did the IELTS, wow i thought the listening was easy, reading a bit tough and writing, well i'm pretty sure i did'nt do too well on that one, as for speaking......i went to pot!!! oh well 13 days and we'll see, just need overall score 7 so fingers crossed.

My eldest DD got her vetassess result this morning for Office Manager - successful :jiggy:

She doesn't have an office qualification as such although she does have a Degree in Technical Theatre with Stage Management as her major. She does have lots of work experience appropriate to Office Manager - don't know how many years they're allowing her yet as it says this info will come in the letter.

So there is hope for those of you without a dedicated office qualification if you have the experience to match the ANZSCO job description :smile:

Thats fantastic news Val. Are you applying for 176 straight away?

My eldest DD got her vetassess result this morning for Office Manager - successful :jiggy:

She doesn't have an office qualification as such although she does have a Degree in Technical Theatre with Stage Management as her major. She does have lots of work experience appropriate to Office Manager - don't know how many years they're allowing her yet as it says this info will come in the letter.

So there is hope for those of you without a dedicated office qualification if you have the experience to match the ANZSCO job description :smile:

Excellent news Val!!!

Archived